My sister hates reading- so much to the point that we think it may be due to a possible reading disorder (we suspect dyslexia but she hasn’t been tested yet). She hates reading for classes, no matter how many times I read out loud to her or act out certain scenes (which she enjoys more than sitting down and reading). And she NEVER reads on her own.
I’m obsessed with manga and graphic novels, and they are what made me an avid reader when I was young. So, when my sister noticed how often I’m holding a book that has pictures in it or when I’m cosplaying a character from my favorite manga, she’s curious. And, today, she picked up a book. Involuntarily. For the first time.
To all of those who say graphic novels aren’t real books: my sister picked one up this morning, on her own accord, out of curiosity. And she finished the whole thing. She got to experience the feeling of turning the last page of a book, hoping for more. And I’m eager to provide it.
Comments
Post a Comment