https://tma457emilytrejo.blogspot.com/2019/02/seat-assignment.html
"In 22 minutes in class today, you will design a costume for a mythical creature by taking photographs of clothing items that are being worn by peers throughout the HFAC and post your images to your blog as a collage"
I realized that I misread the prompt and took pictures from art and objects around the building rather than from people. However, I had to work with what pictures I had taken on my short walk around the HFAC and created my monster from those. Also, it does not look like a mythical monster at all.
"In 22 minutes in class today, you will design a costume for a mythical creature by taking photographs of clothing items that are being worn by peers throughout the HFAC and post your images to your blog as a collage"
I realized that I misread the prompt and took pictures from art and objects around the building rather than from people. However, I had to work with what pictures I had taken on my short walk around the HFAC and created my monster from those. Also, it does not look like a mythical monster at all.
Love the monster, it isn't your traditional monster but it's very creative.
ReplyDeleteWhat if you had chosen a humanoid based creature rather than an animal based?
Emily: You have a very creative assignment! You have a lot of elements going on; I wonder what would happen if you narrowed focus more. For example: what if instead of designing a costume for a mythical creature they designed the mythical creature itself based on the clothing items they see. That might allow for the assignment to be more manageable in the 22 minutes. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteSierra: I'm curious, is the creature created from a mod podge of photos you took in the building? I wonder if the creature would have naturally taken on a humanoid look if you had used people as your inspiration.