Skip to main content

Media Policy


Policy
  • According to the Alpine School District Policy, "interfering devices" are not permitted within classrooms. Interfering devices are defined by cell phones, cameras, iPods, laser pointers, or any other electronic devices.
Guidelines
  • Students are not allowed to take pictures or any other recordings of other students or teachers without their previous knowledge or consent. This is especially pertinent in locker rooms, restrooms, or any other area where a person may be changing clothes.
  • Teachers, principals, or counselors hold the ability to confiscate any electronic devices if it is a distraction. The cell phone may be returned as the administrator sees fit or arrangements with guardians may be made for pick up of the device.
  • Your cell phone or electronic device should not be on during class.
  • Students may not use their personal devices to embarrass, humiliate, intimidate, harassed, or threaten any other person while in school. Using your phone in this manner may result in consequences, including suspension. 
Please refer to the Alpine District Policy 5250 for any further questions.

One thing I still need to consider:
- I am still confused about where the line is for YouTube videos- the use is minimal, but I am concerned about crediting them.

Goals:
- Go through all of my social media through the eyes of either an employer or a high school student- make sure that my posts are professional and say good things about me

Links:
https://k12techintegration.pressbooks.com/chapter/online-professionalism/
https://k12techintegration.pressbooks.com/chapter/copyright/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Digital Media Performance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1koIC1xdX0URtpqbOFd0OU33721hxzHz7SMkdlcGhv4Q/edit?usp=sharing Reflecting on this project, I am unsure if I would use it in my high school class. Although I did enjoy many aspects of this project, it just seems a bit too unbridled and individualistic for high school students. That being said, I believe this project was appropriate for both our age and skill level. We were given the freedom to discuss what we wanted to, which was way fun to explore where our lives and opinions intersected. I still believe that an overall theme would have been helpful. Our guided discussions at the beginning where pretty helpful at accomplishing an individual theme for our performance, but I was still not sure about what was expected of us. I would have also appreciated to see more examples since I was kind of unsure about what was expected, despite having a grading rubric. If I were to adapt this project for high school students, I would have formatted it to align w...